Wednesday, February 22, 2017

One Die...One Flower...and an Assortment of Prints and Sentiments

When I used this rectangle eyelet die a few days ago...
I knew...right away....that I liked it ...a lot.

So..when I was tidying up the studio...
I left the die out on the studio worktable...
with a plan to use it again...on a few cards.

And...that's exactly what I did.

This time, though...
I went to my stack of 100 stamped and colored images
and pulled out all of the Altenew flower images that I had colored 
from the One of a Kind stamp set.

I had 9 purple flowers...ready to go...
I chose some print paper..
and... I cut 9 of the eyelet rectangle  die with my GEMINI die cutting machine
(The eyelet die is from a company that is no longer in business...
which is why I'm not providing the company name)

My style of card making is CAS (Clean And Simple)
and so my plan...and my vision of the completed cards was to keep it very CAS.

In the end...I had 9 cards...
with an assortment of 4 sentiments.
I used Hero Arts Stamp set CL342 for all of the sentiments
except the Happy Birthday....which is a Stampin Up sentiment from the And Many More  stamp set

I'm very happy with how each of the cards turned out!
Very CAS....
or as I like to say....
very CCAS
Clean Crisp And Simple



First up....
A Happy Birthday card...I created 3 of this card....
Birthday cards are the cards that I never seem to have enough of on hand...
Adding 3 birthday cards to my card stash is always a good thing!
(This is the card that has the Stampin Up sentiment)

On each of the cards...the eyelet die cut pieces and the matted image layers 
were all positioned with fun foam for a nice sturdy lift.
I hand cut the sentiment banners..matted them...and positioned them with small foam dimensionals
All of the mats were cut and created with deep purple metallic card stock.



I needed some Happy Anniversary cards for my stash...
so I created 2 of this card...


I love the crispness of the purple, green and white together...
The eyelet pieces were cut using white metallic card stock....
so they have a little bit of a shimmery shine


I also made 2 sympathy cards....


I've still got the purple green and white combo going on here...(YAY!)
with a little bit of green coming from the flower.


and...
the 4th card...
(the last one in the group of 9)
is a Get Well card...
also one of those cards that I never seem to have enough of.
I created 2 of this card.


I always love a nice crisp plaid...
(and dots...my other favorite print...mini dots...and medium dots...
But large dots?....not so much )

I am loving this eyelet die...
and was really happy to create this stack of 9 cards... 
each with this beautifully detailed rectangle eyelet die cut mat.

I mentioned this the other day, here at my blog, when I used this die for the first time....
but I'll mention it now...again today...
I used my GEMINI die cutting machine to cut all of the eyelet mats.
W O W
The GEMINI is amazing.
One pass through the machine and this heavy weight metallic card stock was die cut to perfection...
Every little die cut hole that you see on that eyelet mat layer was cut perfectly...
with just one pass through the machine!
When the die exited at the other end of the machine...
all of the tiny little pieces fell out of the holes in the eyelet piece.
No poking tool needed.
What a dream!

So...now you know what I have been up to...
(Having fun with this great eyelet die)
Now I need to think about what I want to do next..
I still have some images left in my infamous stack of 100 stamped and colored images...
So I am thinking that I'll browse through the stack..and pick out a few images to work with next!
Or....
Maybe I'll start making Easter cards....
Decisions...decisions...

Thanks for visiting my crafty and creative friends...
have a wonderful day!
Michelle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!