Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Anything But a Card".....Carried Away with This Week's Stamp Ink Paper Challenge

Well, this is my 4th and final week as a Guest Designer with the Stamp Ink Paper Design Team...
and as the saying goes...
I am going out with a bang!

I have had such a fun time "guesting" with the Stamp Ink Paper Design Team...
and am kinda sad to see my month with the team come to an end with this weeks challenge project.

Each of the challenge topics during my first 3 weeks have been wonderful..
and with this week's challenge..... "Anything But a Card" 
I had lots of fun putting my creative metal to the pedal
and..
somehow...I got a little carried away...

I started out with the intention of creating a little goodie and/or gift card bag.
Emphasis on "a"..."a little goodie bag" ..."a" as in ONE goodie bag.

And somehow...
I got carried away...
and THIS is what happened....

Yep...
I gained momentum...like a runaway train... 
I just couldn't stop myself from making these adorable little bags 
and somehow...I wound up with 3 "Anything But a Card" projects!

Here's what happened...
I thought...
Hmmm....Easter is coming..
let me do an Easter-y project for this week's challenge...
So..
I got out my Taylored Expressions Sack-It dies...
Some card stock and print paper...
My GEMINI die cutting machine...adhesives etc...

and I created this cutie...
Yes, I even created the fill inside of the bag...and the other 2 bags
because the obsessive person that I am HAD to have the crinkly filler in each bag
match the color of the little characters on each bag.


I had so much fun creating the bunny....
and then...I thought..
Hmmmm....St. Patrick's Day is coming...
Maybe I'll create a little bag for St Patrick's Day
and...
this is what I wound up with!
His hat buckle was die cut using deep gold shimmery metallic card stock..
and his pipe was die cut with wood grain card stock...
I brushed some color onto his cheeks with Clarity Stencil brushes and an ink pad.
His green hat was also die cut with metallic card stock...
A great deep green color metallic card stock.

and...because I was having so much fun creating the first 2 bags...
I felt like creating a 3rd..
and then I thought...
Hmmmm....Easter....(again)...
Yes!...I'll make another Easter-y bag...
and this is what I came up with for the 3rd..and final little bag.
I love this little chick!
His belly was die cut with ivory metallic card stock...
and...although it's difficult to see in this photo...
this little chick has a scraggly plume of little feathers sticking up off of the top of his head...

Oh! There it is...
you can see it in this photo...


What a fun way to finish up as Guest Designer with the Stamp Ink Paper Design Team
and their awesome weekly challenges!

Now, it's time for YOU to visit  the Stamp Ink Paper Blog HERE ...
to see all of the Design Team member challenge projects...
as well as the projects of those who may have entered already.
While y;the there...soak up a little bit of inspiration  from everyone's project....
Then ...get out your own supplies...to create something that is "Anything But a Card"
and..when your project is complete...
Don't forget to share a photo at the Stamp Ink Paper Blog!

Thanks for visiting my crafty and creative friends...
and for sharing in my month-long fun time "Guesting" 
with the wonderful and very talented Stamp Ink Paper Design Team!

Have a great day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!