Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Quickie Blog Post...2 Cards and 700+ Stamp Sets...ORGANIZED!


I'm spending the day today doing some rearranging and organizing on my studio...
hoping to finish up a "job" that I had started a few days ago.

On Friday night I took my stamp sets out of their usual organized places (drawers)...
and did a re-sorting and tidying up...of almost 700 stamp sets.
I only worked on stamps that weren't Stampin Up...
I'll do the Stampin Up sets another time.
In the 700 stamp sets that I worked on...
there were approximately 100 new sets that were just stacked up on the studio...
either on the worktable...or in a big basket...
They had never been put away because I didn't have any empty drawer space.

So...I ordered some new drawers...that were delivered on Friday....
and I was excited to get this little job done...
I spent 4 hours sorting...and categorizing 
(I added a few new categories & eliminated a few others)
and when ALL of the stamps were sorted....into different categories...
I put them back into the drawers that I had kept them in...and expanded into the 9 new drawers.
Each drawer is labelled..
and now..I am set to go!
I know here each and every stamp set is!
YAY!

What a great feeling!

So now you know what I have been up to!

I also spent a little bit of time creating a few cards...
with 2 different Stampin Up stamp set images that I like...a lot.

I used Copic markers to color each image..
Some prints from a nice DCWV Paper Pad..
Metallic card stock for matting
and also for die cutting the Hero Arts "Prayers" sentiment
A little bit of background color was added with Clarity Stencil brushes and an ink pad.

And this is what I wound up with....

First....
an image you have seen here at my blog countless times...
The large floral image from Stampin Up's You've Got This stamp set.
I love green and purple together when creating garden-like or floral cards


and next...
another favorite of mine...
the floral image from Stampin Up's Gift of Love stamp set.


I'll be sending one of these to a friend who is struggling with health issues right now...
I'll hope that receiving this card...and knowing that she is being thought of in prayer...
will feel like a warm, loving hug to her.

and...
Now..I'm heading out to my studio...
to see what else I can accomplish with my little organization project.

and then...
I will finish stamping out some more images...
for a new stack of 100 stamped images...that I'll work on the week.
Yes...my other stack of 100 images is almost gone....
I can hardly believe it!

The new stack will be "on the road" with me this week...
"On the road"???
Yep...On The Road!
So stay tuned and be sure to check in here at my blog this week...
 to see what's in store for this weeks crafty "on the road"adventures!

Have a beautiful Sunday....my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!