Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Favorite Flower.....A few Thank You Cards

Recognize this flower?
Of course you do!
It's one of my favorites...seen now and then.. here at my blog
I had a few of them stamped out and colored 
in my infamous stack of 100 stamped and colored images...
and I thought that I'd create a few Thank You cards  with them.

The flower image is from Stampin Up's You've Got This stamp set
and the die cut "Thanks" is Hero Arts Thanks Stamp & Die set
The die cut Thanks and mat layers behind each colored flower image
were cut using metallic card stock.
Coloring was done with Copic and Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.
Background color was brushed on with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink pads.

First up....
a beautiful orange flower with a bronze metallic "Thanks...and mat layer behind the image.
I LOVE the print  used on this card...found in a DCWV 12 x 12 paper pad
The bronze metallic mat and "Thanks" are a nice contrast to the coral/orange-like print.
This bronze version is my daughter's favorite in todays grouping of 3 cards.


 Next....
a second orange toned flower...
this time with a different print...and double matting with orange and ivory metallic card stock.
The "Thanks" was die cut using the same orange metallic card stock.
I love this lace-look print taken from a DCWV 12 x 12 paper pad......
I'll be sad to use the last sheet of it.
(and m already on the hunt for  12 x 12 sheets of print paper that is similar.
(So far...no luck...but I haven't given up)

and...
the third and final card....
This time...a yellow flower...
same print...and same double matting with the orange and ivory metallic card stock...
and orange metallic "Thanks"


My little stack of 100 stamped and colored images is dwindling...
I've thoroughly enjoyed having that stack....and choosing groups of colored images to work on.
Creating this way is ideal for me..being that I am a lover of creating in multiples...
but also like the multiples to be slightly different...
or as I always says...
Similar ...but different.

Soon....it will be time to have a "coloring week"...to create a new stack of 100...
I'm looking forward to a new stack...
I'll stamp out another 100 images...
in groups of 5 or 6 each...
and will spend a week relaxing....and coloring each image...
and then when they're all colored
I will dive into making cards with all of the colored images!

Thanks for stopping by, my crafty and creative friends...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!