Monday, January 30, 2017

Hedgehogs.....NOT Porcupines....

I MUST begin this blog post today by correcting yesterday's error...
I have been given an impromptu lesson in critter identification...
and I now know that the cuties that I shared yesterday
and the cuties that I am sharing today are....
HEDGEHOGS
NOT PORCUPINES!

So....without further ado...
I would like to share a few more HEDGEHOG cards with you today!

I have been working my way through my big stack of 100 colored and stamped images..
and have been having a blast the last few days creating cards.
I am still needing Birthday cards for my stash....
so...
I created 3 birthday cards last night...
They're similar...yet different.
The images are from an "oldie but goodie"stamp set....Stampin Up's Hedgehog Happiness. 
I used an assortment of sentiments from PTI (Papertrey Ink) and Lawn Fawn


This is the first card that I created....
The 2 sentiments used to create this sentiment banner are from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments set.
I like the font..it looks very much like it was hand written...



I have always loved the combination of a dotted print and a floral print..
As I usually do....I hand cut the sentiment banner...and then matted it....to give it a nice finished look.


For the second hedgehog card 
I chose to use a sentiment by Paper Trey Ink called Keep it Simple: Birthday II
I also added some floral banner pieces of varied lengths to the bottom of the sentiment banner...
Again...florals and dots...a longtime favorite of mine...


You can see the lift beneath the image layer, very nicely in this photo.
(As usual...I used fun foam...cut down to size...behind the image layers..
for a nice sturdy, yet lightweight,  lift/added dimension)


The final hedgehog card..(well...maybe I should say...final....FOR NOW..)
is this back dotted  and floral version....
I love the crispness of the black and white...
and the contrasting pop of color that the flowers bring to this card.
I chose a bright pink metallic card stock for matting the image layer...
(love the pop of color there too!) 

The sentiment on this card was also from the same PTI stamp sent...
This time..I chose to use a Stampin Up punch to create the 3 little floral banners
instead of hand cutting them myself.

I've enjoyed creating hedgehog cards these last few days...
(Yes...HEDGEHOGS....NOT PORCUPINES!...I've got it right now...I am a critter expert!))
This Hedgehog Happiness set hasn't seen ink in a long long time...
It was fun to take it out...and use it again...

I'm not sure which image(s) I'll work on next...
I've got lots of options...
So..I'll flip through my stack of colored and stamped images
and will choose whatever catches my eye at that moment...
For now, though..I am thrilled to add a few more birthday cards to my card stash!

Have a wonderful day, my crafty and creative friends!
I hope that you find a little bit of time to create something wonderful today!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!