Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Created with Love....A Card For a Friend

I've got 2 things to share with you today!
#1... A card
#2. Some nice news

First...
The card
One of my biggest joys when it comes to card making
is creating a card for someone that I love and care about....
and knowing that my little card might bring a smile...
and remind them that they are being thought of...
with love.

I won't tell you who I've created this card for...
because that person might check in here
and then...
the surprise wouldn't be a surprise! 

I can tell you that I created this card for a friend 
who is journeying through her cancer diagnosis and treatment.
With having 3 different cancers myself...
and having gone through multiple surgeries and treatment...
and being recipient of so much love...prayers...and support
from countless friends and family members...
I know how much it means to receive a card...or a phone call...
and above all...
prayers.

I created this card from my heart...
as a little reminder to my friend...
that she is amazing...
courageous
and that she is being thought of.

The stamp and sentiment are from the "You've Got This" Stampin UP stamp set...
I used Spectrum Noir (Alcohol) markers to color the image
and Clarity brushes and ink pads to add color to the background.
The narrow mat layer is a beautiful pink metallic
The sequins are Sparkling Clear Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.
I get all of my Pretty Pink Posh sequins at my friend Justin's shop...
either when I visit the shop...
or at his Stamp, Ink, Paper on line shop
HERE
Stamp, Ink, Paper has a great selection of Pretty Pink Posh...
and lots of wonderful stamps and card making  goodies!
The shop is connected and shared with a scrapping shop called Scrap-a-Latte...
another gem...
filled with gorgeous paper and all things related to scrapbooking


Cards like this are very "me".
I love the simplicity of CAS (Clean And Simple) cards.
One of my goals for this new card making year
is to  be more mindful about choosing prints for backgrounds.
(I usually go with solid backgrounds)
To remind myself to choose prints more often...
I have left a few favorite paper pads on the studio worktable
as   a BIG "in my face" reminder.
So far...my plan is working!
and..
I am now using prints more often.
The Sparkling Clear sequins have become my faves
I just added another package to my order
when I shopped at the on line
Stamp, Ink, Paper shop last week!
( I am predicting a "hoarding" situation happening with me
 when it comes to these sequins.)

I stamped out a few more of this beautiful image
They're waiting for me on the studio worktable.
I'm thinking that I'd like to create a yellow flower ....
and maybe another pink...

Oh!...
I almost forgot!
The "other" thing that I wanted to share with you!

I am gearing up to start offering card making videos again?!!!

It's been a long time since I did tutorials
and now with our hurricane construction being 90% complete...
being settled in  to my studio for almost one year
and with me having a little break from cancer surgeries and treatment...
I feel ready to get back to videos.
I've got this on my agenda for the near future.
I think that you're going to love what I've got planned...
Don't forget to check in here at my blog often
so that you'll know when the videos are available!

Thanks for visiting, my crafty friends.
have a wonderful day...
and...
I hope that you find time today to create a card  for someone...
just to let them know that they are being thought of.
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!