Thursday, January 12, 2017

Bebunni ...Perfect for Valentine's Day

I've got one more Valentine card to share...
and then it's on to creating birthday and sympathy cards.
And then I'll be back to Valentine cards...
after I build up my Birthday and Sympathy card stash
which is almost depleted.

I inked up the the bunny from the  Bebunni "Hearts" stamp set by Crafter's Companion.
I got out my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
my favorite MFT scalloped die...
my friend thought that the XOXO print wold be great for this card...and shared a sheet with me..
for this CAS (Clean And Simple) card.
I was happy with how the image turned out...
the coloring I was pretty basic...
but then...
(ugh)
While I was coloring...
I got busy talking to my friend who spent the day in the studio with me...
and forgot to switch to a fine tip marker for the string on the hearts.
The Spectrum marker nib was too large for a fine detail like the string.
I wanted to kick myself..
as soon as I touched the Spectrum marker onto the cardstock....
I knew that I wasn't going to be happy with the result 
The string was the very last thing that I colored on this image!!!
UGH....I was SO annoyed with myself.
The big question is...
WHY...oh WHY dd I do the same thing to the other heart string?
??????
UGH
I would like to be able to say that I am feeling very happy with this sweet card.
BUT....I can't stop looking at those 2 strings.
so....I am only 80% happy with it.


But....
On the bright side....
after this goof...
I will NEVER forget to switch to a fine point marker again.
(I am actually going to make another of this card...
just so that I can feel 100% happy with the card...
as opposed to 80% happy.
Bebunni is adorable...
and I think that he deserves a second chance 

But...that Bebunni card will have to wait a few days....
I am setting all of my Valentine dies and stamps aside for a little bit...
As I mentioned above...my stash of birthday and sympathy cards is depleted.

So I am going to switch gears...
to replenish my stash.
I WILL give Bebunni another chance. though...one day next week.

Thanks for visiting...
Have a wonderful day my crafty friends.
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!