Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Little More Love

My Valentine card making is in full swing!
I've been enjoying using some stamps and dies that I've never used before
and...
I have been, as I usually do, creating each card in multiples...
Some for my ETSY shop...
Some for friends who have asked for them...
and some...
for me!

I combined Stampin Up's Vertical Greetings stamp set
and
Hero Arts Valentines Love Die and Stamp set
to create today's cards.
I chose the heart shaped topiary because it seemed perfect for Valentine cards.
The prints are also Stampin Up...
from a 6x6 paper pad called Love Blossoms
(A paper pad that I've had for a while, but have never used.)
I paired the prints up with some metallic card stock for the mats and die cut pieces.

I created 3 of this card....same sketch, die cut sentiment, stamped image & sentiment..
and the same metallic card stock color...
But.... I chose different prints for each one.

I used rolled glue dots to adhere the "Love" die cut piece...
so it has a little bit of lift...which is nice for some added dimension.



Each of the image layers were matted on beautiful deep red metallic card stock
and then positioned on the card using a piece of self adhesive fun foam.
Also....adding some dimension to each of the cards


I'm happy with how the prints came together with the ink colors and metallic card stock color...


I switched it up a bit here..using a print from a different paper pad 
(sorry I don't remember the name of the paper pad)
I Love how the red metallic "Love" die cut stands out in contrast to the blue background...
yet matches the red inked parts of the card front and the mat layer.


I enjoyed creating cards with both of these stamp sets and the die...
I stopped after creating 3 cards...
But truthfully...they were so enjoyable to create..
I felt like I could have made many more.

But....
there are other stamps and dies that I'd like to create Valentine cards with....
so..
I made myself stop after making the 3rd card!

Thanks for visiting today!
I hope that you're taking a little bit of Valentine inspiration with you!
Have a wonderful day, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!