Thursday, December 22, 2016

Just When I thought I Was Done with Christmas Card Making...

Remember Jaws...the movie?
The big line from that movie was....
"....Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water"

Well, I have my own  big "line" about my Christmas card making this year....
"Just when you thought it was safe to put away your Christmas stamps...& stop making cards"

Weeks ago I THOUGHT that my Christmas and Holiday card making was winding down.
I thought , for sure, that I'd be able to put my Christmas and Holiday stamps and dies away...
Until next July or August...when I would begin the Christmas card making again.
I actually put them away...
then took them out to make a few more cards,
Thought I was "done"...
put them away...
took them out again...
Made a few more cards..
put them away...
This went on, it seemed...for weeks.

and then...finally...last week...I put them away...and they stayed away...
For all of one week!

Then..I realized...
We need another dozen cards to attach to some gifts...
The mailman...UPS guy...my sweethearts work friends..etc..

I needed to create a stack of cards
and I needed to create them quickly
(quickly meaning: NOW...and for TOMORROW)
No time to water color....marker color....etc...
I needed to crank out a dozen cards...and I need to do it ASAP

And just in the nick of time....I came across a beautiful card in my email the other day!
The card was created by Kittie Caracciola, whose blog I love to follow.
Kittie creates lots of beautiful die cut  cards.
Most are very beautiful...intricate...detailed...and obviously very time consuming.
But every so often...
Kittie creates and shares a very CAS card (Clean And Simple)

I was totally smitten with the snowflake card that she created.
and so..I did something that I really do...
I CASEd her beautiful snowflake card!!
(CASEd,  in the card making world..in case you don't know...is Cope And Shared)

This is a very straight forward card...
with a very short supply list...
White card stock (a nice hefty weight...nothing flimsy)
Impression Obsession Snowflake dies #241
and
The  Mini Scalloped  Rectangle is by MFT
I used self adhesive fun foam behind the assembled red and snowflake piece 
to add some sturdy lift and dimension.

I LOVE the crispiness of the red and white combination
I used my Gemini to cut the snowflakes.
It was great having a magnetic mat to keep the dies in place...
I was able to position them once...in the position that I wanted them to be on the rectangle...
and then, I  just had to place the die cut card stock rectangle over the dies...
press the GEMINI button...
and wha-la!
  Perfectly cut and positioned snowflakes.... every time! 
This card saved the day for me!
My sweetheart loved them...
and already used half of the dozen that I created...for gifts that he gave to work friends.
I'll be using the remainder of the cards today and tomorrow

I can't tell you when I last CASEd a card...
(decades ago, I think)
But I am so glad that I saw Kittie's card...
and am grateful for the inspiration that she offered with this card
and  with every card that she creates.

and now...
I can REALLY retire the Christmas and Holiday stamps and dies...
until next Summer...
When Christmas card making begins again!

Have a great day, my crafty and creative friends...
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!