Monday, November 28, 2016

Warmest Wishes

I (think) that I am finally able to say that I am feeling better!!
YAY!
After a month in bed...waiting to get over having pneumonia...
and watching tons of Hallmark Christmas movies
I am finally able to be up and about...
and am back to doing what I love!!

Card making!

Somehow...while I was sick..
November kind of happened...
and I was not a participant.

But now...December is almost here..
and I am so thankful for being able to join in on the fun.
I have so many new ...fun..and fantastic Wintry/Christmassy/Holiday-ish stamps and dies...
and now..
I am FINALLY able to enjoy them!

It wasn't easy choosing "which" stamp set to use first...
After going through the big stack of stamp sets that I have set aside on the studio work table...
I decided to create a few cards with Hero Arts COFFEE CUP TAGS.
(I almost always create in multiples...so I created 4 of this card)

I used my MISTI to stamp the cup with red ink.
By using the MISTI,  I was able to re-stamp multiple times to get great color coverage...
(no white or light spots)
I did the same for the holly leaves to get a good solid image.
The sentiment and snow flakes are stamps from other stamp sets (Concord and 9th)
The berries and cup edge were colored with Stampin Up markers.
The colors in this lovely print seemed to be a perfect match for Kraft Card stock..
so I cut a mini scalloped rectangle to sue as the background mat layer for the main image.
I matted the print on red card stock.
All of the components (the cup..whipped cream and holly sprigs) were die cut after being stamped
The cup was adhered with ATG adhesive.
The whipped cream and holly leaves were placed using foam dimensionals.
I added some shimmer to the whipped cream with a Clear Wink of Stella marker.
The Kraft layer was also secured with foam dimensionals.
Yes!...There's lots of dimension on this card!


I picked this beautiful print paper up last month 
at a wonderful local stamp and scrap shop
called Scrap-a-Latte
One of the owners, Renee, has an eye for beautiful paper
so I am always able to find lots of great 12 x 12 paper 
and some beautiful 6x6 paper pads when I visit the shop.
I was so happy to finally use this paper!


So now...
I THINK that I am "back"
I am taking it slow...
because fatigue is still an issue for me...
But I am THRILLED about being able to spend a few hours in my studio!
I've missed creating cards SO much.

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a great Monday, my crafty and create friends!
Michelle
PS...Thanks a BIG bunch to everyone who has sent emails 
and/or private messages on FB during this past month..
asking how I am...
and sending good wishes and prayers.
Your kindness brings a smile...and gratitude.
Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!