Sunday, November 27, 2016

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...an Oldie but Goodie

Some stamp sets never go out of style.
and...
Stampin Up's Take Me Out to the ballgame
is one of those stamps sets!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stamp set.


My sweetheart, Gary needed a baseball themed card...
I knew that I wanted to use the Take Me Out to the Ballgame stamp set...
It was difficult, though...choosing which image from the set I wanted to use on the card.
(I love all of the images...choosing one wasn't easy)

I wound up choosing the largest image...
and whipped up a card for him.
He had no idea as to which stamp set I was going to use
(I wanted to surprise him)
When I presented the completed card to him...he LOVED the image
and he loved that card as well.

I kept it CAS (Clean and Simple
Background  color was added with Clarity Stencil Brushes.
Some color was added to  the image with Markers.
I double matted the colored image layer
using bronze and black metallic card stock mats.

As you can see...
Clarity Stencil Brushes have come my go-to tools for adding background color.
For me...they're foolproof...
The best thing is...
I no longer need or use daubers or sponges .
and that's a GREAT thing
being that I was never good at using daubers of any size.
and...I'm not much better with a sponge.
Saying adios to my daubers and sponges was a happy day for me
thanks to Clarity Stencil Brushes.

I enjoyed create this card for Gary.
He sent it to a friend...
and the friend loved receiving it...
as much as I loved creating it !

I hope that you enjoyed seeing a card make with this "vintage" Stampin Up stamp set.
I cherish having this set...
and anticipate that I will get may more years of use out of it
because I truly love each of the images included with this stamp set.

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends.
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. I love the card. My dad would have loved this card. It reminds me of an old photo my dad had of his cousin who played for the Washington Senators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks El...I also love the vintage look of this image.... :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!