Friday, October 21, 2016

Dorothy Said It

So here's what happened...
I love quote stamps.
I bought an Impression Obsession  quote stamp that quoted Dorothy...from The Wizard of Oz
I had an idea for a card in my crafty little noggin.
But I needed a particular image...to go along with the quote.
I searched.
And searched.
I came close to finding something....but nothing really thrilled me.
The images just weren't "right".

Finally....
last week...
I revisited ETSY...
searching gain...for a stamp. 
A stamp that I was beginning to think might only exist in my own mind...haha 
But....
I FOUND THE IDEAL STAMP!!
and...
I found a second runner up...
a second image that will also work well with the quote!!
so...
I ordered both from a great little ETSY shop called Pink Flamingo 61
You can visit Pink Flamingo 61....HERE
Mary, the shop owner...and designer ...offers lots of terrific stamps that reach beyond the ordinary.
You'll be glad that you visited her shop.

So...
As soon as the 2 stamps arrived in my mailbox..
I headed right out to the studio..
with the stamps in my crafty little hands..
I HAD to make a card!! 
Immediately!!

I gathered up my MISTI...Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad...Spectrum Noir alcohol markers...
black metallic card stock...Clarity stencil brushes and ink pads...
Clear wink of Stella...
trimmer and adhesives...
and this is what I whipped up!

What do you think?


Look at Toto!
(so cute!)
And how about Dorothy's sparkly ruby red slippers!


It was fun to have this quote stamp...
and step up to the challenge of finding a companion stamp to go with it....
that ultimately turned out to be exactly what I envisioned.
I truly enjoyed creating this card...
and I enjoyed seeing something that existed in my creative thoughts...
evolve through the creative process...
to becoming a card!
and...
the bonus is that in the process of searching...
I found all of the wonderful stamps that are offered at the Pink Flamingo 61 ETSY shop!

I was so happy when I sent a text-photo of the card to my daughter...who is away at college...
and she immediately asked me to create a second card...exactly like this one....
for a friend that she would like to give it to.
(I was happy to oblige...especially being that I had all of the materials and supplies out  already.)

Thanks for visiting...
Have a wonderful Friday!
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!