Thursday, October 20, 2016

Dancing in the Rain

You probably already know that I LOVE quote stamps...
and am always looking to add to my collection of great quotes.
I also like nice simple clean images that nourish my love of creating CAS (Clean and Simple) cards 
When I found this stamp....
I found this Stampendous stamp call "Rain Dance"....
I knew that it was a stamp that was ideal for both of my "likes"
1. A great simple clean image...
AND
2. A terrific quote

This is one of those stamped images that "needs" a MISTI or other stamp positioning tool.
The solid black parts of the image required multiple re-inkings...and re-stampings 
to get a solid un-spotted stamped image...and the MISTI was perfect for achieving that.
I colored the image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers...
created the background with ink pads and Clarity stencil brushes...
added some Clear Wink of Stella to the umbrella...
I matted with red and black metallic card stock..
and...
Wha-la!
A card!

I really love this image and quote...
which by the way are one stamp...not two separate stamps.


Of course a little bit of Clear Wink of Stella was needed on the umbrella...
(aka... a little bit of rain)


Rain on the umbrella... 
(aka Wink of Stella)


I just love this image...
(had to take one more look before ending this blog post)


Thanks for visiting today, my crafty friends...
have a wonderfully creative day!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!