Friday, October 7, 2016

A Scribbly Little Bird

I am really loving my Clarity Stencil brushes..
and how they allow me to apply color that I've picked up from ink pads.
In case you haven't noticed...
I've been on a Clarity brush kick.
and so...
today I've got a card that I created by adding color to the background...
and the stamped image...
with my brushes!

I am always on a quest to create guy-friendly cards...
and I thought that this little bird would make a nice card that could be used for a guy's birthday.
The Scribbly Birds stamp set...by Dina Wakley
has 4 sketched bird images.
I am always drawn to sketchy images..
and so I was happy to choose one of the 4 great bird stamps for the first time.

For this card...
I kept thinking...
"Less is more"
and, as I often say...
"Not every card needs to be a major production"
Simple can be nice.
This card reflects "less"...
and it certainly was NOT a major production.


I used the Clarity brushes and ink pads to create the background, 
and brushed some color on the sentiment banner....and the bird, as well.
I used deep red metallic card stock to mat the image.
Used some foam dimensional under the matted bird iage to pop it up a bit.
Simple.
Easy.
Done.


This card was fun to create
and I will probably create a few more cards like this one...
using the different bird images in this stamp set.
"Less is more" seemed to work well for this card.

Thanks for visiting...
Have a wonderful day...
and a crafty & creative weekend ahead, my friends.
Michelle.



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant guys card, I often use Tim holtz birds the same. I've also come to love my clarity brushes,they build up gradually,I do tend to be heavy handed 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey...it seems that we think alike!:) stamps...the brushes...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!