Monday, October 31, 2016

A Country Snowman with A Lot of Sparkle

There are so many great snowman stamps out there...
In one way or another...they're all cute, I think.
and sometimes...
some are EXTRA cute.
This Stampendous Country Snowman definitely qualifies as being EXTRA cute.

I colored this image with Spectrum (Alcohol) markers...
and created the background with a Clarity paint brush and ink pad. 
(I didn't want to use traditional colors....so I switched up the color palette a bit, as you can see)
After the image was colored..I die cut it with an MFT scalloped die
Then...I chose some prints...
some metallic card stock ...and a great shade of glitter paper...for matting.
I created a small sentiment piece 
with a tiny sentiment from the Hero Arts Ornament stamp set
and tucked it along the side of the card, under the middle layer.
All of the elements, parts...and pieces came together nicely, I think


I'm so glad that I went with non-traditional winter/Holiday/Christmas colors
I love the turquoise-like colors together with the cocoa brown and hints of white.
The glitter paper is a favorite of mine....
the amount of sparkle is off the charts amazing!


I enjoyed creating this card...a lot...
so while I had everything out on the studio worktable...
I created a few more...
(I'll put them into my ETSY shop....)
BUT...I am going to keep one for myself...

 Thanks for visiting...
Have a great day, my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!