Friday, September 2, 2016

Welcome Baby

I've been enjoying water coloring and alcohol marker coloring so much these last few months....
and then...along came clarity Brushes...
and that was the start of a new love affair .

All of this adding of color via different techniques and with different products
kinda led me to forget about creating die cut cards
(something that I also love)

Suddenly...
I was feeling like I needed a die cutting "fix"
and...
I needed to create a wedding card
So...
I got out one of my die organizer binder-thingys
Specifically the one that holds dies categorized for "Love"..."Couples"
"Wedding"..."Baby"..and "Valentine's Day"

I pulled out the ideal die for the wedding card
and created a card that I'm very happy with.
(BUT..I can't share it here or on Facebook yet...
because I don't want the bride to see it. 
(I'll share it here next week...after the wedding)

But...
while I was looking for the wedding die...
I flipped past a cute "baby" die...
and decided to create a few "new baby" cards.
I can't recall when I last created a "new baby" card...
it's been years, I think.

I got out the supplies that I wanted to use...
An additional scalloped die
I chose the embossing folders ...
a few ink pads and Clarity brushes..
card stock...
the Big Shot
sentiment stamp
a corner rounder...
trimmer...
adhesives..dimensionals
etc etc
and...
I began creating 6 identical cards...
3 for a baby boy...
3 for a baby girl.

I used my much loved Clarity brushes to create the 3 color background
I wasn't going for cards that reflected "boy" or "girl" 
by putting a BIG emphasis on pink or blue...
I wanted just a little bit of pink...a little bit of blue...
and thought that the little bunting would be perfect for that hint of color.
The 2 die cut stork and bunting pieces are from one Impression Obsession die set...
I cut all of the needed pieces..6 storks...6 buntings...3 pink...3 blue
and then embossed all of the storks..
and all of the buntings.
I brushed the background color on with the Clarity brushes...
and then cut each oval from the 6 color-brushed pieces of card stock
Here's a close up of both the boy...and the girl versions.
The storks...pink bunting and embossed background mat layer 
were each created with metallic card stock.
The blue bunting was created with regular card stock...as was the card base...
the green mat layer...and the scalloped oval. 
The corners were all rounded with a punch
  






Here's a close-up showing the embossing and card stock detail
on both cards.



I enjoyed creating this new baby card
and am happy to have 6 of them on hand
(I LOVE creating multiples when I create cards..I rarely create one card at a time)


Oh!!
I almost forgot to show you the sweet little sentiment that I stamp inside of each card
This is a PTI (Papertrey Ink) $5 mini sentiment stamp set
I have a nice size collection of their mini sentiment sets....
They're fantastic...
and I use them almost daily.

Thanks for visiting today...
I hope that you'll leave my blog today with a little bit of inspiration
and find some time to create a card or two of your own!
Have a great day, my crafty friends.
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!