Monday, September 5, 2016

Muchas Gracias!

I've been going through huge amounts of scrapping and card making "stuff"..
getting ready for the BIG crafting garage sale here on September 17th...
Myself...and 12 of my crafty pals 
will be selling our unwanted, unloved, unused paper crafting things!
So far...I have 30+ HUGE storage bins filled with things to sell.
By the end of this week I hope to push the total number of storage bins to 50.

Imagine the amount of "stuff" that will be available...
and hopefully sold that day!!
13 card makers and scrappers selling their "stuff"!
That's A LOT of paper...stamps...embellishments and who know what else!!

While doing my clean out I came across this little $1 stamp set...
(I have no idea how I obtained this little stamp set...where it came from...or how I got it..)
I tossed it into a storage bin designated for things to sell...
but then... few minutes later...
I took it out.

My thought was...
I'll use it once..and if I don't like it....OUT IT GOES!

I used it once...
and ....
Look at this little guy!!
He is adorable!
There''s no way he is "GOING".

I used my Clarity brushes and a few Stampin Up ink pads
 to create the pink/blue/yellow blended background.
Yes, my love affair with the Clarity brushes is still going on!
I am not foreseeing an end to the love affair...
anytime soon.
I just LOVE the how they allow me to apply and blend ink to create backgrounds.
After decades of trying all sorts of bleeding tools..
FINALLY!!...a tool/brushes that not only work...
but yield beautiful results...
every single time!

The image layer has a double mat...created with 2 different bright colored prints.
The card front is a half front...and the image piece was positioned and adhered to that  narrower half
to create a "flap-front"
(If you look at the bottom of the card'll see the mounting and sizes of the half-front and image layer...and how the "flap-front" was created)
On the inside of the card...I finished the back of the flap 
by placing a piece the same green card stock that you see on the front...
behind the image layer...
so that when you open the aren't looking at "seams"
To create the sentiment piece..
I stamped the Muchas Gracias in the center of a small piece of card stock...
added two little cactus one either side...
and then gave that piece some color...
matted it...
and put it in place with foam dimensionals.
All of the images were colored with Spectrum Noir Blendabale Pencils.

Here's another view of the flap-front.
You can also see how the matted sentiment piece is popped up.

I'm really happy that I gave this little stamp set a try.
It will not be present at the garage sale
because it is now tucked away in one of my stamp drawers
where I know that I can reach for it...
and use it again....and again
to create some adorable cards.
This is a great little stamp set...
and the price was right!

Muchas Gracias for visiting my blog today...
Enjoy this last day of the Holiday weekend!


  1. What an adorable card. Your backgrounds are beautiful. I may be getting me some new brushes to see if that helps my backgrounds.

  2. Thanks El....
    Without the Clarity brushes..I'd be in big background
    I don't know how I managed for decades of card making without them!


Thank you for taking a moment to comment!