Wednesday, September 7, 2016

It's Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team Wednesday ~ Rock Star Birthday

I sometimes get caught up in creating floral cards (probably my favorite cards to create)
and...
I sometimes...forget that guys like (and need) cards too!

So I thought that I needed to do something about my own negligence ...
and get busy with creating some guy-cards.

and so...
My weekly Wednesday Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team project today...
is a guy-card!

I decided to create a silhouette style card 
with
The MISTI and STAMPOHOLIC tools are ideal for stamping..
and re-stamping...
re-re-stamping and
re-re-re stamping an image...
so I included the MISTI in the tools and supplies that I got out to create this card

I cut all of the card stock to the needed sizes... 
(A white A2 base card..a shimmering Black Pearl mat....A Shimmering Gold mat...
a piece of card stock for image stamping....and the piece needed for the sentiment )

I applied the blue and yellow color to the piece of card stock 
that I was going to stamp the main image on
using Clarity Brushes.
I used two shades of blue ink...and one yellow to create a "spotlight look" as the background

When the background color was exactly as I wanted it...
I stamped the focal image (the band) multiple times with the MISTI
 with Memento Tuxedo Black ink...until I had a good solid image

I then created the sentiment piece...matted it...punched the holes for the gold thread on either end...
and assembled the sentiment.

I layered all of the mats and the image piece as shown.
The sentiment piece was positioned with foam dimensionals


and...
Here's a close up.
This guy-card was fun to create...
especially for me...
who usually creates lots of garden/floral style cards.


I've now reminded myself that I need to create guy-cards more often...
(I hear this from many of my card making friends as well)
So stay tuned...
because I'll be sure to share more guy-cards here at my blog
in the near future.

Have a great day....
and thanks for visiting, my crafty friends!
Michelle.
Supplies:
Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Stampin Up 
Misc: Trimmer, Ultimate Tool, Clarity Brushes, Gold Thread, Hole punch, Adhesive, Foam Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!