Friday, September 9, 2016

Good Things Come in Small Packages ~ Day 2

I'm back today with another card that was created with 
Pink & Main's Doodled Flowers 3x4 stamp set.

Today's  card is the second of 2 CAS cards created with this great little stamp set 
that has lots of great stamps as well as a wonderful sentiment stamp.
All of the stamps are perfectly sized for A2 card making.

Yesterday's card was fun card to create...
and this card was fun as well.
I started out by cutting the card stock pieces/mats...
then creating the background with yellow and ink pads and Clarity brushes.

I stamped the sentiment
and then stamped each flower and leaf to create this centered arrangement for flowers.
I "colored" each flower and leaf with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
 then assembled the card.
The image layer was double matted...
first with purple metallic card stock...
and then a mat of gold metallic card stock.

This was the first time I have "colored" with these markers...
I've used them many times before...
for sparkly "highlighting" over an already colored image...
but I've never used them for completely coloring an image..or images.
I found then easy to use...
(the brush tip allowed me to apply liquid sparkly color with precision 
to even the smallest  of the images...
and...
the sparkly finish is beautiful.
*Note: I am NOT a sparkle lover...
but am loving the fine shimmery finish that these markers offer.

Here's a great close-up of the "sparkle" 
Pretty....isn't it?
It' almost like a sparkly dusty finish...
very fine...
but very visible.
You can also see the narrow 1/8" mat layers in this photo.
The flower centers needed a little something...
so I added a small little rhinestone to each center to give the card a little bit of zip!


This sweet little Pink & Main Doodled Flowers stamp set
is a great little stamp set...
and a great addition to my stamp collection.
It will be a stamp set that I reach for time and time again...
either to use a few of the stamps...
or to use all of them...to create a grouping or arrangement like this one.


Thanks for visiting...
I hope that this card has inspired you to create a floral card of your own!
Michelle.
PS....Thanks Dayna for gifting this great little stamp set to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!