Monday, September 19, 2016

BOO!...Again!

This will be a quickie blog post...

A few weeks ago I shared a card created with a Top Dog Dies Ghost die set
(Top Dog is no longer in business..and I cherish my collection of TD dies.)

I needed to create another ghost card...
and so I used the Top Dog ghost dies again...
but this time chose some different prints to switch it up a bit.

I wanted to put googly eyes on these little guys...
but the googly eyes that I had on hand were too large...
so...instead, I defined their eyes with a simple dot of a black marker.
(Note to self: Buy a few pkgs of googly eyes in assorted sizes)

As I noted in the prior ghost card blog spot...
don't be disheartened about Top Dog going out of business...
and not being able to purchase this set of 3 ghost dies..
There are SO many wonderful ghost dies available now from different vendors...
You'll be sure to find a set that YOU like
as much as I like this one.

Before I share the photos...I can tell you that...
The white base card was created with PTI card stock.
(My #1 fave card stock for creating base cards)
The Prints were chosen from a few different 6x6 paper pads
The ghosts were positioned and placed with foam dimensionals.
The black mat layer behind the ghosts is black metallic card stock.
and the Halloween-y sequins are from Katscrappiness
The speech bubble and "BOO" are part of the ghost die set


and...
a close-up.
I love the pierced edge on the ghosts
and the way that their eyes and mouth are embossed.
The die cuts come out of the GEMINI die cutting machine WITH the embossing in place 
after the first pass through the machine...
so I didn't need to pass them through the machine a second time to emboss.
The chevron print behind the ghosts was cut with a Wonky Stitch die set...
as was the print layer beneath it.
The Wonky wavy stitch detail on those mats gives the card a playful, casual feeling, I think....
as opposed to a straight stitched line which can sometimes seem more formal.

Like the prior ghost card...
this was a fun card to create...
and for me..
using multiple prints on a card is a step away from my usual style of card making 
(Typically, I rarely use prints...but of late, I AM trying to use prints more often )

I have a feeling that this wont be the last ghost card that I create 
before the arrival of Halloween.
This die set has become a favorite of mine...

Have a great Monday my crafty friends...
and thanks for visiting!
Michelle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!