Saturday, September 3, 2016

BOO!

As soon as the calendar page changes and reveals September
I immediately go into Autumn mode.
Fall is my favorite season...
Spring is my #2.

But Autumn is ...and always will be... #1 for me!
I love everything about the Autumn season...
the weather...
the colors...
the clothes...
apple picking...
pumpkin picking...
Halloween...
Thanksgiving...
Veteran's Day...because I have huge respect and appreciation for our veterans
Having my daughter home for all of the school holidays.
I love all of it.
and...
With my huge love of Fall
comes some Fall card making.
(YAY!)
and so...
I'm kicking off my Fall card making with a Halloween card today!

I have a nice collection of dies from Top Dog Dies.
When Top Dog went out of business last year,  I was so sad.
When they announced that they were closing..
I went to their web site ASAP and purchased all of the dis that were on my Top Dog Wish List.
Luckily....they were all in stock...
So while I am sad that they are no longer in business...
and are no longer having the wonderful monthly releases that I always looked forward to...
I am SO grateful that I was able to get ALL of the Top Dog dies that I wanted
before they closed.

For my first Fall card of the season
I chose this great little Top Dog set...
I love the ghosts...their details and their sizes.
The speech bubble and the "BOO" dies are fantastic.
I love that this little die set has all of the fixing' to create a cute little card.

All of the print paper is by Authentique.
The entire 6x6 pad is filled with great prints....
so choosing ONLY a few was a challenge.
I cut the prints to size and lightly inked all of the edges using my Clarity brushes.
I used metallic card stock for the ghosts, the mat layer behind the print that the ghosts are on...
and for the "BOO".
I've got oodles of sequins and found it easy to find colors that were great for this card. 
Look at the expressions on the ghosts faces...
They're SO CUTE!

I had fun creating this card....my first Autumn card of the season
and I welcomed the opportunity to create this card with one of my Top Dog Dies.
I still miss that company....but I'm so happy that I have my stash of Top Dog dies to enjoy.

*NOTE: If you're thinking of CASE-ing this card...no need to worry about not being able to purchase the ghost dies...
There are LOTS of great ghost dies out there now, made by other companies

Thanks for visiting!
I hope that this Halloween card has inspired you 
to start making some Autumn themed cards of your own!
Have a great day, my crafty friends!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!