Friday, September 16, 2016

A Truckload of Autumn

I haven't had much time to create amid the chaos of the Garage Sale prepping...
I've really missed my daily creative time in the studio.
Right now, the studio is almost inaccessible...
jammed up with odds and ends..
bags...bins and boxes
filled with things that I've set aside while unpacking and sorting...
Things that need to get put away in the studio.
(aka..the "keeper" things from the Garage Sale clean out

To summarize:
THE STUDIO is a SHAMBLES
and a RIDICULOUS INSANE CHAOTIC MESS.

Wanna see?
UGH
oh yes...and...just because there wasn't ENOUGH chaos...
We brought the deck furniture cushions into the studio for a few days...
because of the rainy weather prediction.
UGH UGH UGH
Clutter clutter cutter...
makes me insane insane insane.
This photo has the potential to make me hyperventilate...
it suffocates me.
(and you're not even seeing the bins and bags that are lined up from the Studio's front door...
and go all away around the table....on the floor....)

That's the bad news...the chaos..the mess...
The good news is the photo below.
Under the weatherproof tarps are 60 bins...
60 BIG storage bins FILLED with what I will be selling!!!
YAY me for purging...
I am looking SO forward to the sale this Saturday...
hoping that at the end of the day...
that the pile under the tarps will be a teeny tiny pile....
and barely there!!
Better yet...
I'd like to sell EVERYTHING...
and have nothing to put under the tarps!
Imagine that!!


 Okay enough about me and my Crafting Garage Sale chaos...

I actually have a card to share!!
(Created the other day...before the Studio became inaccessible)

A few weeks ago..I realized that I wasn't using any of my dies that often...
So...I decided to make a few die cut cards now and then..

I am SO ready for Autumn..
Apple picking...
Pumpkin picking
The magnificence of Autumn foliage...
Cooler days...Crisp Fall air...
Sweaters...
Thanksgiving...
I love all of it.

So...I thought that I'd bring a little bit of Autumn into the Studio...
with this Autumn-y card.
Actually...2 cards!
(Same sketch...same dies....same stamps...different prints)
The dies are both by Impression Obsession
I used metallic card stock to die cut the truck and pumpkins 
I chose a few different Autumn-like patterned papers from an assortment of 6x6 paper pads.
I stamped and created a sentiment..
I hand-cut the matted banner...
and punched the smaller sentiment tag.
I used a die to create the shaped mat layer behind the truck.

Here's Version #1
(I'm not thrilled with the photo...bad lighting..and its not clear.....sorry)
The truck is metallic brown...the tires are black metallic...
the pumpkins are orange metallic.
(Wish the colors showed better in the photo)
I matted the sentiment banner with the same metallic brown.

 Here's a close up..


Version #2
Ugh...The other photo wasn't clear...this one is too light...
But you get the idea 

Here's a better view of the brown metallic card stock used on the truck ....



Aren't the pumpkins great!
I love the details on the truck & pumpkins.
(*I don't love the poor photo quality.)


So there you have it...
A truckload of Autumn.
I am SO ready for Fall...
Bring it on Mother Nature!

I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a clear spot 
at the Studio worktable...to create a card or two...
Hopefully...I clear a few feet of space soon...
because I am already missing spending time in the Studio!

I'll try to remember to take some fun photos of the Garage Sale
and wilder them with you...
and.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that when I take a photo of what I didn't sell...
that it's only a bin or two!

have a wonderful and creative day. my friends...
See you after the  Mega Crafting Garage sale!
Michelle.
(PS...Local crafty pals...I'll share the Crafting Garage Sale flier below...
and will hope to see you on Saturday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!