Saturday, August 6, 2016

Cupcake Crazy

With the weeklong bookmark extravaganza being behind me...
I had some time to (finally) ink up and use 
my Stampin Up Sweet Cupcake stamp set...and coordinating dies.

and...
it was love at first sight!

I actually went a little cupcake crazy...
and, while I only completed 2 cards with the stamp and die set...
I have all of the parts and pieces ready to roll for a nice stack of cupcake cards
in an assortment of colors.

I have to note, though...
that while the Sweet Cupcake stamps and dies are the main stars of the show here today ...
there are lots of other goodies that were used to create this card
that are equally as wonderful.


The Ombre Striped Patterned Paper background print is from PTI...
and comes in a neat little stack of A2 card front sized sheets 
in assorted colors...
(I trimmed mine down ...because I wanted a solid mat behind the print)
The garland was created with a die from Reverse Confetti.
I think this die is super!
and...
the banner is from Stampin Up...
as is the bundled up duo of a banner sentiment stamps called Thoughtful Banners...
and a coordinating punch.



When putting the card together...
I popped the mat layer & the cupcake up on foam dimensionals...
and finished the cupcake frosting off with a little brush of Wink of Stella (clear)


Wink of Stella (clear)
is one of my "go-to" items
and...
 I find myself hoarding it..
so that I might NEVER...EVER...run out!
It's the perfect little "sumthin" that this cupcake needed, I think.


But wait...
there's more!

Remember the title of this blog post?
"CUPCAKE CRAZY"

Well...
I went a little cupcake crazy....
and so...
I created a purple and yellow version...
This is such a fun stamp and die set to use..
together with the garland die..and paper assortment...
it's SO easy to get carried away..
creating cupcake...after cupcake...after cupcake...
after cupcake....
after...
well..
you get the idea!
(Plus...remember?.....I've got all of the parts and pieces prepared and ready to create more!)

So here's the purple & yellow version...
I am loving it as much as I loved the green version, above...
I hand cut the banner....
and used a Happy Birthday sentiment stamp from a PTI mini stamp set.



What's not to like?
This little card is full of awesome things...
The garland die...
The Ombre print...
(and the Stampin Up solid card stock colors that I matched up with it!)
The handcut banner sentiment..
and the Happy Birthday sentiment.
All are fantastic on their own...
But they're even better when used together to create a card like this. 

and...
I'm looking forward to getting back into the studio 
to create more of this cupcake card in assorted colors...
 with the parts and pieces that I've already cut out and stamped!

Thanks for visiting ....
have a great weekend, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. I love these cards. Where do I get Reverse Confetti Die?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards. Where do I get Reverse Confetti Die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela...Reverse Confetti has a web site where you can order the die... :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!