Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Crazy for Cupcakes Part II....and Crazy ME

Remember last week when I posted the Sweet Cupcake cards...
and mentioned that I had the parts and pieces prepped and ready to roll..
to create a few color variations of the card?
and...
I mentioned that putting the cupcake cards together was something that I planned to do this (past ) weekend(?)

Well...
that didn't happen...
WHY? ..you ask?

Because...
instead of making cards this weekend...
Gary and I spent our weekend going through half of approx 140 
HUGE storage bins that are FILLED with my "crafting stuff".
(crafting stuff = card making an scrapping "stuff")
and that have been packed up since our post-hurricane construction began here 2 years ago.

and this my friends...
is where the CRAZY ME part of this blog title comes in.
Simply said...
I ...(yes ME!!) must be plain old crazy....

How did ALL of this stuff ever find it's way into my life?
Simply said....
It's insanity!


The good news is..
we got through half of the bins...
we worked like dogs ALL DAY until 9 pm...
Gary is an awesome teammate when a big project like this is at hand...without him I wouldn't have made the progress that I did.

I was able to set aside about 30 bins of "stuff" to sell...
threw out lots of big trash bags full of other "stuff"
and we hope to finish going through the remainder of the bins this coming weekend.
I won't even tell you WHAT I came across...
but 2 words come to mind as being the biggie items that seemed to dominate the scene
Oodles of PAPER....
and OODLES of stamps
amongst OODLES of other paper crafting "stuff".


Myself...and a bunch of my crazy pals are all doing our de-stash clean outs 
and in September 
we'll be having a HUGE RIDICULOUS INSANE GINORMOUS and HUMONGOUS 
card making and scrapbooking
GARAGE SALE!
Imagine 12 of us...
here at my house...
selling all of our unloved, unwanted, unused scrapping and card making "stuff"!

**The challenge..we all agree...
will be to NOT...
emphasis on N O T
buy one another's "stuff"
(Oh how I do amuse myself with that ridiculous statement!)

However...there are no buying restrictions for YOU...
so if you are a local...
or live a do-able car ride away...
come on over...
and SHOP!

Anyway...
after the clean out extravaganza...
I finally spent some time in the studio...
and at the top of my crafty-to-do-list was to put the cupcake cards together.

I won't chat much about the cards...
(I've already hated too much about the clean out and garage sale...

anyway..
if you visited here last week...
and have seen the first 2 cupcake cards....
then...
you've already heard all about the stamp set  & dies
(Stampin Up SWEET CUPCAKE)
and the Reverse Confetti Circle Garland Die...

So I am just going to share the photos of the cards that I finally had time to complete, last night...

I created 4 cards...
each  with a different color combo...
I've got 3 to share...
(I forgot to take a photo of the 4th card...)

First up....bright pink...


Next up....
light pink....


and...
Last up...
Blue and purple...

I should note:
I almost always create cards in multiples..
I find it to be easy and enjoyable..
THIS stamp set and the accompanying dies ...
and the Reverse Confetti Garland Die...
we really fun..and EASY to work with....
They made creating this card in multiples a cinch.

Okay...
that's it for cupcake cards for a while...
(although I am certain that this stamp an die duo will be used often...)
but for now...
I'll sign off...and wish you a wonderful and creative day!
Michelle.



3 comments:

  1. Adorable cards. Are the circle garland things a die?
    Wish I lived closer, what fun a garage sale that would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI El.....ys the circle garland is a die...(from Reverse Confetti)....if you go to the blog post from a few days ago where I posted the first cupcake cards....you'll see mention of the garland die there...

      Delete
  2. Thank you. will go check it out, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!