Monday, August 8, 2016

Baptism Blessings

A friend asked me to create a Baptism card...
a request that I rarely get.
But I was excited..
because I have had All God's Grace (Stampin Up) for a very long time...
and have never inked it up.

In addition to having a nice cross image...and a very nice small dove image
this stamp set has lots of nice sentiments...
Baptism...Christening...Confirmation.
if it also had "Communion"...it would be perfect!

Keeping true to my CAS (Clean And Simple) style of card making ...
this is what I came up with.
I've always like white and ivory together...
and thought that this color combo wold be great for a baptism card .
The embossing folder is one that I've had for ages...
(no clue as to who makes it...sorry)
I chose to use a champagne colored shimmery card stock for the embossed layer
and white shimmer for the mat layer.
The base card is ivory.


I am really loving that vellum is back "in" again...
It's been a long time since vellum has been popular in card making...
Lately I find myself stamping lots of sentiments on vellum...
like I did on this card...
PS...The Scan N Cut 2 came in handy for cutting out the cross and dove.


My friend was very happy with the card...
and said that she liked knowing that it would be unique....
different than the same old baptism cards that every card shop has right now..
and that she was certain everyone else would give the baby.

YAY!
That's the kind of thing I love to hear!!

So...
another day...
another CAS card...
another happy day for me in my studio!

Thanks for visiting..
wishing you a wonderful day.
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!