Sunday, August 28, 2016

2 Quickie Cards

I had stamped some yellow roses using Altenew's Layered Stamp set: Vintage Roses
on a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock a few weeks ago...
I created a few cards
and had 1/2 of the sheet left...
So...
I took a few minutes to create 2 simple CAS cards
using the yellow roses and Altenew's Halftone Happy Stamp Set

For the first card....
I stamped the Halftone solid image "HAPPY" on vellum 
along with the word birthday with Versamark...
then heat embossed with Sparkle n Sprinkle Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.

I have to say...
When I first got the stamp set...I didn't like the upper edge of the "H"
because it has a pixilated look.
BUT...after I used it once..I immediately changed my mind...
and since then...it had become a stamp set that I reach for often.
I love the size and styles of the main images in this stamp set
(one is solid and one is lined)
and when heat bossed...the "pixilated" Happy adds some texture to the card.
After I embossed the sentiment words... 
I chose a mat color..and a base card...
and wha-la...a quick little card
(Thanks to the fact that I had stamped out a full sheet of card stock with the roses...
enough to give me 4 cards, if cutting the roses to cover most of the card front...
or 
 you could create more cards ...if you choose to cut the sheet into smaller pieces)


For the second card...
using the last piece of the yellow Vintage Roses...
I used the same stamp set...but chose the lined "Happy" this time.
Again...I stamped with Versamark...
but this time..I stamped directly onto the roses...
in hopes that the lined image would look nice with the roses peeking through the word "Happy".
I double matted the roses this time...first on cream...and then on yellow...
and...
1-2-3...
I had a card.


When it comes to card making....
I have lots of patience...
so creating a card that takes some extra time never overwhelms me...
BUT...
I also love making cards that come together easily...
and don't require me to have a thousand different supplies and tools all over the work table.

Both of these cards were quick...easy cards.
mainly because I had stamped the roses out a while ago...

This brings me to realize that every so often...
I am going to stamp out a sheet ...or 2 ...or 10....
of some favorite layered stamped images...
and, I'll set them aside...
knowing that they're there....
for the times when I just feel like making a few quick and easy cards.

I hope that you're inspired to do the same...
Have a wonderful day, my crafty and creative friends...
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!