Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Still Life Water Coloring...

I'm a water color lover...
Even when I am creating "other" cards...
there's a little part of my brain that's thinking about water coloring.

I rarely go even a few days without getting my paint brushes out...
to water color "something"

Last week I took out this stamp set from Stampin Up
(Studio Sketches)
and left it on the corner of my desk 
with the intent of creating a few water colored cards with it.
and so...
last night...
that's exactly what I did!

oh...
I also got out this embossing folder...
(sorry...I don't know the name...
but it looks like it would be called "leafy"..something or other...
doesn't it?)

anyway...
I got out some water color card stock 
(Crafter's Companion, of course!)
along what my brushes...
and a few other supplies...
settled in at the worktable..
and..
this is what I wound up with...
3 each of 3 of the images...
(I used the fruit bowl as an "embellishment as opposed to a main image)



I use ZIG Pure Color Real Brush Markers 
using an acrylic block as a palette...
and picked up the floor with a paint brush.



I used the markers direct to paper wherever I wanted more intense color
or a more exact color highlight
and then blended with a slightly wet paint brush



The fruit bowl was stamped...
painted...
and cut out...
and used as an embellishment with each still life image.
Each fruit bowl is popped up on low profile dimensionals.



The images were matted...
twice...
and then placed on an embossed base layer mat.
(You can actually see the embossed texture on the base mat in the photo above...
much better than you can see it in this photo) 



and...the last of the pics...
of this nice, enjoyable and relaxing 
water color project.


Now that I've had my "fix" of water coloring..
I can carry on what "other" types of card making.
Well..
at least for a day or two!
(Because even as I am typing this...
I am thinking of the next stamp set that I'll be water coloring!)

Card loving friends...This collection of water color still life cards will be available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop later today.

Card making friends...The key supplies used in creating this set of water colored cards are each noted in the blog post above...

Have a great day, my friends!
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!