Sunday, May 1, 2016

Short and Sweet ....

I've got a short and sweet blog post today

I was in my studio
working on 15 water color hydrangea cards that a friend asked me to make for him.

Another friend contacted me...
and asked for a card for someone who just purchased a new home.

Funny thing is....I had purchased a New Home type of stamp set 
with the intention of creating a few cards for the friend who asked for the new home card...
But...I have been so busy...
I never had time to ink up the stamp set...
and make the set of cards for her.
However...her request prompted me to make the time...
and so I created a set of 5 of this sweet little card!
(shhhhh....she doesn't know that I am making her the additional cards...
she thinks that she is just picking up the one that she asked for)

Anyway...
I took a short break from water coloring...
to create the New Home card...
When it was done...
I sent a pic to the friend who asked for it...
and she loved it.

I like the look of highlight coloring on Craft card stock....
a little color here and there...
so that's what I chose to do for this sweet card.

The friend will be by to pick it (them) up later today..
(she is a realtor...and will make good use of the extras, I'm sure)

So here it is:
Isn't this a sweet image?
I love all of the little details
even the background texture...
from my much loved Swiss Dots embossing folder
My current go-to die is this mini scallop
I'd secretly like to use this little scalloped rectangle on almost every card that I create...
(but alas...that would be boring...so I don't)
and how about that title cat on the front steps...
This image is so cute!


The color highlights were all done with Stampin Up markers...
The scalloped shingles and little flowers were lightly touched with a Clear Wink of Stella brush tip...
and..the SOLD sign also got a little bit of Wink of Stella sparkle 
before it was set in place with dimensionals
Sentiment banners are always fun..
I have all sorts of banner dies ..
all shapes....and sizes...
all similar...but different in some way.
But the truth is...most times..I hand cut the sentiment banner myself..
Like I did for this card!

and there you have it...
a sweet little card that was fun to create.


Card making  friends....a brief supply list is posted below 

Thanks for visiting...
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle

Supply List:
Stamps: dare2BArtzy "We've Moved"
Die: My Favorite Things Die-namic Set - STAX Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Love all the details and that scallop die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love all the details and that scallop die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!