Sunday, May 8, 2016

Graduation Season is Here!

It's graduation season!
College graduations kick the season off in May...
and the pomp and circumstance continues though to the end of June.
So many reasons to celebrate and acknowledge accomplishments...and milestones.

So I figured that I better kick it in gear and start creating some graduation cards.

I knew exactly what I wanted to create first...
and which stamps...dies.....etc I wanted to use...


I whipped out a new stamp and die duo from The Stamps of Life



a great Gina Marie Designs die set
(Scalloped Stitched Frame Set)

and...
a neat Darice graduation cap embossing folder


Then...
 I got busy
stamping...
heat embossing
and 
die cutting.

and...
this is what I had when I turned the lights off in the studio and called it a day...
(10 of this card in an assortment of gold..silver and white)


First up....the gold version...
On each version 
the graduation cap....the "Class of" and the diploma are popped up on low profile dimensionals.


I may be a true blue CAS card maker..
but I am also a true blue lover of dimension and texture...
and...
This card design has both!



and the silver version....



and...
a little up close and personal look at the silver version...
Do you have a favorite yet?



and finally...
the white embossed version
Nice and CAS...like the gold and silver...



and...
here's a close up look at the white version.
I am a big fan of Sparkle N Sprinkle embossing powder.
It gives great coverage...
and responds well to heat...
and it kicked all of the card elements up a notch, I think.


I enjoyed creating all of the graduation cards that I've shared here today..
The Stamps of Life die and stamp duo are great.
I find that the SOL dies cut beautifully, which makes using them a pleasure.
I have a large collection of SOL stamps and dies...
and...they never disappoint.
I can say the same thing about the Gina Marie dies that I have used so far.

Card loving friends...each of the card versions above are available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop. You can browse the card shop and order HERE.

Card making friends...The key supplies used when creating today's cards have all been included in the blog post above......so there's no need for a supply list below.

Thanks for visiting...
...and have a great Sunday!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!