Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Realization

Hello friends...
I had a realization ...
I've been on a Penny Black and water coloring kick!

Well, who am I kidding...
I am on a water coloring kick 80% of each week!
Maybe 90....

Anyway...
Once again...
I chose a Penny Black stamp that I haven't used...yet
and decided to color it with Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend Pencils
(I've come to really like the Spectrum Aqua Blend Pencils a lot this week.)

The stamp is Penny Black's Collage of Wishes.
I stamped the image on Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir Water Color Card Stock
with Ranger Archival Ink (Black)


I got busy coloring...
and this is what I came up with...
The image came alive as soon as I began adding color...
I created a card base sing PTI's Vintage Cream card stock...
Purple seemed like the right choice for matting...
and so I chose LCI Metallic card stock for the mat...
I embossed it...
and then I created a little banner for the sentiment..
using one of the sentiments that came with the stamp
*There's a place within the image where a sentiment can be stamped...
but I created a banner for that spot...
 because I wanted to add some dimension to this card.
The sentiment banner and the image itself were attached using low profile dimensionals.
I also decided to create a loop with some light purple sheer ribbon.
The final touch was the addition of a few translucent sequins.

While using the Aqua Blend Pencils on this image..
I focused on shading..building color...mixing colors...
and am happy with the finished product.
(I even used the pencils to add some color to the banner.)
Coloring with the Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend Pencils is really fun...
and...
the more I use them....the more I am understanding how to layer...
and blend color ...
and I'm also understanding how the amount of water on the paint brush affects the depth of color......
as well as how wet the water color card stock being a factor as well.
When it comes to water coloring...
whether I water color with ink or Aqua Markers.....
I am adventuresome and daring...
willing to try things out and experiment...
when I water color with ink and Aqua Markers..
and I have embraced the same approach now, with the Aqua Blend Pencils.
With this thinking....
the possibilities are endless!


Card loving friends....this card is now available at The Bellissima Card Shop

Card making friends....The supplies used when creating this card have been noted in the blog post above...(Stamp...card stock...etc)

Thanks for visiting!
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!