Sunday, April 17, 2016

Weekend RAK Winner and Water Color Peony Bookmarks

I've been creating cards, these last few days
for a sampler that I am putting together for a local book shop 
and wanted to include some water color book marks with the assortment of cards that I'll be sharing with the book shop owners.

It's been a long long time since I've created books marks...
so this was a nice change of pace for me.

If you follow my blog
you already know that my first love when creating a card is....
water coloring.
and so...
I decided to create a little assortment of water colored books marks 
using the very fabulous Loose Peonies stamp set from

The Ton has a magnificent collection of beautiful stamps
 as well as a terrific assortment of detailed 6x6 background stamps.
Peonies and hydrangeas are my favorite garden flowers...
and for me...
The Ton is the equivalent of hitting the Peony jackpot!
Their peony stamps are beyond beautiful...
and yes...
I DO own every single one!
and yes
I have water colored every single one...
and have also used the layering stamp set that features peonies.
They are absolutely beautiful!

For the bookmarks...
I chose to work with Loose Peonies
because I like the assortment of stamps...
their size...and the ability to arrange them on the book mark as I wanted to.

I got out my MISTI...
the Loose Peonies stamp set...

my Marsupial Layering tool (aka the "JIG")

some LCI Metallic card stock

an assortment inks from The Ton and Altenew...along with ZIG Clean Color Brush Tip Markers
my favorite paint brushes..

 Crafter's Companion Water Colour Card Stock
(another fave of mine)

Versamark Ink... some fine detail gold embossing powder...
and my trusty heat gun.

...some Stampin Up Red Liner Tape

Oh!!..I almost forgot...
I also got out this great little Scalloped tag Topper Punch from Stampin Up
(I have both of their Tag Topper Punches...but preferred this one for this project because of the more detailed edge.



Then...
I got busy cutting the water color card stock into book mark sized strips 
measuring 1 3/4 x 8
and the Metallic card stock mats to 2 x 8
I painted the enter background of each strip in an assortment of beautiful ink colors.

I always let my water colored pieces are dry...I am to a fan of how water coloring dries if rushed with a heat gun
But...that's just my preference..
If you give this a try...and time is of the essence....a eat gun will be your friend!

Then....
when the strips were dry
I positioned an arrangement of stamps on the first strip...
using the MISTI
and then stamped all 4 strips using Versamark
I Heat embossed...
I water colored...
I Matted
I punched
I added a little piece of sheer shimmery ribbon

and wha-la!
This is what I wound up with

and a close up...
aren't those stamped images gorgeous?
(wish you could see the shimmer on the violet colored metallic card stock)


This was a nice relaxing little project to work on...
My "wheels" are already running about other book marks that I'd like to create...

But...
that's a discussion for another day...
because now it's time to let you know who the little RAK winner is!

Congratulations Barbara Mackasill!

Barbara...the bits and pieces for the Spring Bouquet card
will soon be yours to create a card with!

 

Please send your mailing info to:
tobellissimacards@gmail.com
and I'll send the envelope out to you this week.
and... 
when you create your Spring Bouquet card...
be sure to send a photo to the same email address (above)
so that I can share it here on the Bellissima Cards blog!

Thanks for visiting!
Wishing you a beautiful Sunday...
Michelle.

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I love making bookmarks. My last two years of teaching I made bookmarks for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookmark tags are stunning! Great color palette and the gold embossing is yummy!!!
    I have sent my address info to you and look forward to creating with these die cuts!!! THank you so much! You have brightened an otherwise yucky week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!