Sunday, April 24, 2016

Change of Pace...It's Time for Father's Day Cards

I have been feverishly creating Mother's Day cards for weeks now...
I no sooner think that I can take a breather...
when I realize that the cards that I had created....have all been snatched up...

I am still working on Mother's Day cards...
but...
I needed a change of pace...
so I went right to my big order that came from Our Daily Bread Designs...
and pulled out a Father's Day-ish stamp
Masculine stamps/images are aways a challenge to find...
Have you ever noticed that mason stamps are usually "outdoorsy"?

Yes...
Outdoorsy....
Like this stamp that I chose to use for todays for card.

The stamp is called "Deer Single"
(This stamp is also part of a larger stamp set called Quiet Waters.... that includes quotes)
I wasn't a fan of the quotes...
so I ordered the image stamp...as a single stamps.


I like this scene...
the winding stream....the fawn sitting in the grass
the doe looking very alert...
but...
While I like the scene....
I do wish that the lines were more defined...and finer...
Still..I like the image...an enjoyed water coloring it...
to bring it to life...

The stream glistens a little bit...
(thanks to clear Wink of Stella)
The base mat is embossed with a wood grain texture.
Still..I wish that the lines were finer...
especially on the fawn.
This being said...
I'm glad that I used this stamp to kick off my Father's Day card making

And there you have it...
the first two Father's Day cards of what will eventually be  MANY cards for this Father's Day
But first...I am still working on Mother's Day card requests...
Hopefully...by mid week..I should be all caught up
and then...
it will OFFICIALLY be.....
Father's Day card making season!

Thanks for visiting!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!