Monday, April 11, 2016

Almost Monochromatic: The start of a Week of Mother's Day Cards

I have always loved monochromatic cards...
including white on white..
and 
cream on cream.

This Mother's Day card is 95% monochromatic
Blushing Bride is a beautiful Stampin Up color...
and I was excited to start out with the intent of going 100% monochromatic with this card...
However...
as I was creating the first card...
I decided to switch it up a bit...
and in the end...
I'm glad that I added the cream colored layer of card stock.

I have quite a few Die-namites dies....
and have to say that they cut fantastically!
One trip through the Big Shot...
and they cut heavy, thick card stock perfectly...
every time.
No multiple passes through the machine needed.
I barely needed to use a poking tool to get the die cut out of the die.

I really love this color...
Blushing Bride...
I'm glad that I chose it for this stack of cards.

The ink is actually a match to the card stock color..
but in the photos it took on a lavender tone.
I placed the die cut rose off of the cream mat layer and then trimmed to fit...
The cream layer, by the way, has a beautiful linen texture
and was positioned using dimensionals
The rose leaves are popped up on low profile dimensionals as well...
Rolled mini glue dots are hidden behind the scrolls of the rose to keep it in place
The Blushing Bride base mat is embossed 
with a beautiful Anna Griffin Rose Bouquet embossing folder


and... 
here's a close up
(the ink really does match the card stock....I promise!)
Monochromatic cards are a fave of mine...
I'm glad that I created this stack of cards primarily in one color...
and decided to couple it with a linen textured cream layer...
and a cream colored card base, as well. 


While my Mom is no longer here for me to fuss over on Mother's Day...
I'll hope that each of the sweet card in this stack finds it's way to a very special Mom
and that it makes her day a teeny bit more special than it may already have been.

With this little stack cards completed...
My wheels are already turning about the card that I want to create tomorrow...
Another Mother's Day card...
(I have a stamp set that I haven't used et...and I  am itching to get my crafty little hands on it!)

I hope that you'll check in here tomorrow to see what I whip up next!

Card loving friends: This sweet rosy Mother's Day card is now available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop

Card making friends: A brief list of key supply items is listed below.

Thanks for visiting!
Michelle

Supply List
Card stock: SU Blushing Bride (and matching ink), PTI, LCI
Die: Die-Namites "Rose with Leaves" 
Stamps: WPlus9 "Love Mom"
Embossing folder:Anna Griffin "Rose Bouquet"



2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card Michelle. Love the color combinations. Again another beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!