Sunday, March 27, 2016

Water Colored Tiger....

This card was one of those cards that you create..."Just because"
for no specific reason...
other than the image is lovely..and calls out to you..

When I was boxing up all of the dog and cat cards
to send off to my friend John.. 
(The cards I've been sharing here all week long)
I saw this new stamp sitting on my desk..
and...
I had all of my water coloring supplies out
(from the last dog card)
and so...
I thought I'd water color just one of this beautiful tiger image
( added it to John's box when it was complete...hoping that he will send it to his friends who at:  Tigers in America
If you've never heard ot Tigers in America...
you can visit their web site HERE


I am truly a CAS card maker...
as I always say..I love and appreciate cards that have ribbon..
dimension flowers..many many layers of card stock and a mixture of various prints
and embellishments...
I look at those cards...created by others...
and see mini works of art...

I, myself, however...
am a die hard CAS card maker..
In as much as I often venture beyond my preferred style of card making...
it's just not "me"
and somehow I always wind up making CAS cards...
again

So here's the tiger...
heat embossed with black fine detail embossing powder...
then...
water colored...
and mattered on gorgeous LCI Metallic card stock
and 
it's all looking very CAS-ish
(Just how I like it!)

He's beautiful...
isn't he?
Especially with the hint of green in his eyes...
(wish you could see the shimmer in the metallic card stock...it really gorgeous)
and he looks very much like the beautiful tigers shown in the photos 
on line...at the Tigers in America web site.


This beautiful stamp was purchased at
(the same web site that I order all of my BIG jars of embossing powder from)

I'll definitely be making more of this card...
CAS...of course!
and will be placing them in The Bellissima Card Shop soon!

Card loving friends: Check in at The Bellissima Card Shop often. New cards are added almost daily

Card making friends:  Brief supply list is posted below (minus the basics like tremor..adhesives etc)

Thanks for visiting!
If this is a Holiday Weekend for you...as it is me..
I'd like to wish you a Happy Easter!
Michelle.

Supply List:
Stamp: Tiger Stamp Set #551.466
Card stock: Crafter's Companion Water Color Paper, Stampin Up and LCI Metallic
Markers: Stampin Up & Zig Brush Tip
Other: Marsupial ("JIG") Layering Tool 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!