Saturday, March 19, 2016

Peony Garden Gorgeousness and Ultra High Embossing Powder

Love
Love
Love

I
am
in
Love

with the 6x6 Peony Garden Background Stamp 
from The Ton...
and
Ultra High Embossing powder.

I FINALLY had time to take Peony Garden out of it's packaging 
and do what I have so been wanting to do with that stamp...
Water color it!

I've had a few things in mind for Peony Garden.
Heat emboss with white embossing power ...then water color
Heat emboss with gold embossing powder ...then water color
Heat emboss with Ultra High embossing powder ..then water color.

and so...
I did all 3!
If you are wondering which I like most...
the answer is...
NONE!
Because it would be impossible to say which I liked most.
I truly love all 3!

But you might have a favorite....and that's okay...

So let me show you
and you can decide

But first....
I must tell you who the stars of this show are

They are:
Peony Garden Background Stamp by The Ton
White Fine Detail Embossing Powder & Gold Fine Detail EP
both by Sparkle N Sprinkle
Ultra High Gold EP by WOW
Zig Pure Color Real Brush Markers
LCI Metallic card stock
Crafter's Companion Water Color Card Stock/paper
and
  PTI White card stock for card bases. 


The Peony Garden background stamp is large...
it's a 6 x 6 cling stamp...
I used the original full sized MISTI for all of the stamping
(perfect for this large 6 x 6 cling stamp)
For this particular card I only wanted use a portion of the image
It was stamped with Versamark ink..
onto Crafters Companion Water Color card stock
(my #1 fave water color paper)
heat embossed with white ultra fine detail embossing powder.
Water colored with Zig Pure Color brush markers 
After the painted image air dried...I trimmed it down selectively....
and matted it on shimmery green metallic card stock
The areas that look grey (background) in the photo are actually a beautiful sky blue
(it just wouldn't show in the photo...in spite of retakes and retakes galore)

and a close-up



Then I created a 5 1/2 x 5/1/2 card...using the entire stamped image.
Stamped it out with Versamark using the MISTI...
Heat embossed with Utra High embossing powder
(that was the moment that I fell in love with ultra high embossing powder)
after the heat embossing... I water colored with the Zigs
and this time..matted the completed image on metallic violette card stock
Isn't it gawwww-juss???
I am in love-overload-mode
I'm not sure what I am in love with more...
The image itself
The image itself water colored
or
The image embossed with Ultra High embossing powder 

and a close-up


and because we are talking abut Ultra High embossing powder..
I will do an ultra close close-up shot 
so that you can see what Utra High embossing powder looks like 
in it's state of ultra gorgeousness.
I really really love that the Ultra high adds so much texture.
and the bumpy look reminds me of the texture of a leaf...
it's perfect for this card!
Big image
Big embossing powder.
Makes sense to me!


and then...
just because I love gold embossing coupled with water coloring...
I stamped the peony garden stamp one more time with Versamark
heat embossed with gold ultrafine embossing powder
water colored with the Zigs
and matted the image with the beautiful metallic violette card stock
and there you have it...
More gorgeousness from this beautiful Peony Garden Background stamp from The Ton.

and a close up..



and now..
I'm sure that you understand why I started this blog post saying
Love
Love
Love

Card loving friends: These beauties are available for sale, or special order, at The Bellissima Card Shop. The direct link to the Card Shop is at the top of this page...The shop has cards for every occasion.

Card making friends: I won't close with a supply list today....because I listed all of the supplies at the beginning of this blog post. As always, I hope that my cards inspire you to create some cards of your own.

Thanks for visiting...
and be sure to check back this weekend for a nice little giveaway!
Michelle.


4 comments:

  1. You really did it this time Michelle !!! These cards are gorgeous. I'm not sure which one I love the most. I did not know there was an Ultra High Embossing Powder. I will have to look for that. Again, Michelle you inspire me with your beautiful creations. Enjoy your weekend. Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Gayle!...I found the Ultra High EP at Joan (.com) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning as always! You're so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Donna!....
    I truly love an enjoy water coloring...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!