Thursday, March 17, 2016

Creating a Card with MFT Blueprints 23

I have a large collection of MFT Blueprints Dies...
and felt like creating a card with one of them..

I browsed through the binder box that holds all of the Blueprints...
and chose this one to work with..
Blueprints 23


I love that the Blueprints die sets have mix and match dies in each set...
and each set has quite a few dies.
They're very versatile...
and can be used alone as well...
outside of the their set companions.

I have to add...
(I don't know if you feel the same way)
While I am all about the ink..and stamping....and water coloring...
Sometimes....it's nice to just work with paper...
(and this Blueprints set seems to be compatible with that.)
So that's why I chose to work with this set...
and
I just felt like working, primarily, with paper.
I also liked that this set had stitched edges on the main panel and the scallops.
I didn't think that I'd use the sequins dies on the card that I had sketched out in my head...
but it's nice to know that the sequins dies are there...for another card...in the future.


So here's what I came up with...using MFT Blueprints 23
 In addition to Blueprints 23..
I used the Stampin Up Cupcake punch
and
Stephanie Bernard's The Stamps of Life Happy Birthday dies with the shadow.
I like this little layered die set so much when I used it the other day...
I just had to use it again today!

I cut the stitched scalloped border 6 times ...
in 2 different prints...
for each card
At first....I tried it with one scallop on the top of the card..and one on the bottom...
No good.
It looked skimpy
2 scallops top..and 2 bottom was a bit better..
but still not enough.
3 scallops worked like a charm....as the saying goes...
The third was what made the card look "right"

The Blueprints trips circle die 
was perfect for cutting out 3 windows...

All of the cupcakes were created using the Stampin Up cupcake punch.
The cupcakes were a cinch to make
However...when they were put together...they looked flat...boring...
Cute...but flat and boring...
So I grabbed an embossing folder...
(I wasn't fussy...I literally just grabbed a folder that was there...in a big pile of embossing folders 
that need to be sorted and put way..

I ran the cupcakes through the Big Shot to emboss then...
and gave them some texture...
and that's when I was able to say...
"Much better!"..
and felt that they were card-worthy.


See the embossing?
...and the stitch edges?
 I also have to say...again...I really like the Happy Birthday with the shadow.
...and there's a little speck of Spectrum Noir Glitter marks on the candle flame
A birthday candle flame HAS to have a little bit of sparkle...right?

So that's it..
a little tour of a card made with a nice MFT Blueprints Die Set

Card Loving friends: This card is now available at  The Bellissima Card Shop ... along with lots of other great cards for different occasions.

Card making friends: I hope that this has card inspired you to get out some of your favorite card making supplies...to create a card that is fun and colorful....The supply list for this card is below.

Thanks for visiting...
Michelle.

Supply List
Dies: MFT Blueprints 23, Stamps of Life Happy Birthday
Punch: Stampin Up Cupcake
Paper: Stampin Up It' a Party (prints),  Stampin Up plain card stock, PTI ( base card)
Misc: Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Markers, Sizzix embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!