Friday, March 18, 2016

Coral Floral......A Neglected Paper Pad and a Few Forgotten Punches

This is a simple story
and making this card reminded me of the "old days" of card making...
before electronic die cutters...stamps and coordinating dies...and all sorts of products and gadgets  that have allowed us to kick our card making up about 49 notches.

If you've been at this card making thing  for decades...like me...
you've seen things grow..and evolve..and grow some more...
There are tools and products galore now..
The sky's the limit for we card makers now
The way we made cards years ago is nothing like the card making of today

Still...
Sometimes...
it's nice to go back to basics...
and that's kind of what I unintentionally wound up doing when I created this card

Here's what happened...
I went into one of the punch drawers in the studio to put a punch away.
I saw a few punches that I haven't used in a very long time.
(emphasis on V E R Y)
I took them out...
I can't tell you when I last made a card using punches...
suffice it to say that it's been a longgg time...
I am usually die cutting.....stamping....or water coloring...
and once in a blue moon, when I feel like working with paper
I get out my Kiwi Lane templates and use them.
My punches are, I have to admit...
 very neglected.

So I took out a few punches..
a large flower....a small flower....and a small circle punch.

And then...
I went through some 12 x 12 paper pads...
Picked out a pad that I had never used...
(actually...I forgot that I even had this particular paper pad)
and I got out a package of sequins that had colors that went well with the paper

I took time to choose where I would punch out the flowers on the 12x12 page, because the paper had some nice color variation....almost like large sweeping water color brush strokes...
Plotting and scheming about where to punch out each flower and the flower centers paid off..
because the flowers had some nice color variations.

And this is what I came up with...




The print paper in this DCWV paper pad it's really really hefty...
so the flower petals curled nicely...and held their shape


In the end...
I was happy to use the punches, paper pad and sequins that had been forgotten about 
to create this "paper only" card




Card loving friends: This card is now available for sale at The Bellissima Card Shop along with lots of other cards for all sorts of occasions. If you haven't visited the Card Shop yet..you just need to click on "The Bellissima Card Shop" at the top of this page and you'll be linked to the shop in a flash!

Card making friends...There's not much of a supply list for this card...it's very brief..a few Stampin Up punches...a DCWV 12 x 12 paper pad....a few sequins...and some PTI white card stock for the base card...that's it!

Thanks for visiting the Bellissima Cards blog today...
Michelle.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!