Sunday, February 28, 2016

WW = Water Color Withdrawal

I don't know...
What has it been?
Maybe 4 days since I've water colored?
Remember the other day when I posted about retiring my brushes for a bit?
Ha!
That didn't last too long.
After that moment of insanity (re: putting the brushes away)
and making hollow promises about using "other things" for a while...
I crumbled
I couldn't take another day without water coloring...
I missed it too much.
I needed to water color.
Something.
Anything.

My moment of weakness all started when I opened one of my stamp drawers
to look for a particular stamp set.
And there it was..
Right in front of my eyes...
It spoke to me....
"Take me out...Take me out"
"I am bland and blah right now, but with a little bit of color....I could be amazing"

And so....
I took out the Sheena Douglass ~A Little Bit Sketchy "Milestones and Moments" stamp set.
I just couldn't resist.
and....
this is what happened.


The little bit of sparkle that you see in the lines of the image is how fine detail black embossing powder  looks when heat embossed.
It's even nicer in person..and the slightly raised lines of the embossing add a little it of texture...along with the water color paper, which also has some texture to it



And then....this happened right after that up there that happened....
Same image...with a slight color variation on the hilltop and house detail





I felt so happy to get out all of my water coloring "stuff"
After just a few days I was really missing it.

For me..water coloring is many things...
But mostly...it's magical
I know, I described it in the same way last weekend when I was doing a lot of water coloring and posted about it here at my blog ...
But it's true...
The moment when the ink and water come together is magical...
The way it moves...and merges with other colors is what I love most, I think.
...and as if that's not enough...
If you are patient enough to let the piece dry on it's own...without hitting it with your heat gun to speed up the drying....
The end result is.....magical....(there's that "M" word again!)
The way the colors settle in...and dry...is amazing...and beautiful...
For me...it's always so exciting.
I am never anything less than awed by what ink colors can do when water is their vehicle.

So now....I've picked up the brushes again....
That was one very short-lived retirement....don't you agree?
and....you will never again hear me say something as ridiculous as...
 "I am retiring my water color brushes for a while"
Looking back...I can only say that I must have had a moment of insanity.
What the heck was I thinking?

My brushes and all that goes with them formatter colorin,  will always be out...at my fingertips...
Where it all belongs...
Because I am now convinced of it....
We are meant to be together...
and so, we shall be....
together

Card loving friends: I created a few of these cards and they are  now available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop HERE . Each card is listed separately because the cottage and hillsides are each  a bit different from the other.

Card making friends: I won't list the basic supplies (inks..brushes..water receptacle..card stock etc because you already know all of "that")
But I will post a few of the supply items below....the more specific ones, that you may be interested in.

As always...thanks for visiting...
I'm always happy to share what I love here at my blog...
After not creating cards...or blogging about my card making for a few years...it really feels great to be back!
Michelle.

Supplies:
Paper: Stampin Up, LCI and Crafter's Companion Water Color Paper (a must have ....the weight and texture are phenomenal...and it accepts misting beautifully ...no pilling....thinning etc)
Stamp: Sheen Douglass Milestones and Moments from the "A Little Bit Sketchy" Collection of stamps
I buy my Sheena stamps at Crafter's Companion HERE 
(same place that I order the water color paper from)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!